Barnegat High School Career and College Center utilizes Family Connection from Naviance, a web-based service designed especially for career and college readiness. Naviance also streamlines the college application process, allowing exclusively online supporting document submission, such as letters of recommendation, transcripts, and academic evaluations. Through Naviance, our students have the opportunity to:
- Be interactive in the career planning and advising process by building a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers;
- Plan for postsecondary success by setting short and long term goals and complete tasks related to college and career planning, including application tracking and working with recommenders to upload their letters;
- Research colleges through signing up for college representative meetings and/or using the informative SuperMatch College Search tool.
Naviance also lets us share information with students about upcoming meetings and events, and other web resources for college and career information. To visit our school’s site, click on the link above.
Naviance Tutorials and Guidelines
Listed below are some potentially helpful guidelines and videos:
- Comprehensive Naviance Guidelines
- Senior Related Naviance Instructions
- Requesting Teacher Letters of Recommendation in Naviance
- Adding Colleges to "Colleges I'm Applying To"